I no longer go without having a smoothie for breakfast. Having a balanced smoothie to start off my day has continued to help stabilize my blood sugar, and hence, reduce sugar cravings (especially after doing Sugar Buster Detox).
I’m such a creature of habit that for the longest time, I made the same smoothie every day – chocolate!
Lately, I’ve stepped outside the box and experimented. I’m so glad I did!!
My favourite ingredient is: walnuts.
Walnut is a fabulous source of essential fatty acids and protein. Because of that, on a physical level, the walnuts make my smoothies very satiating, and on an energetic level, it is very grounding. Seriously. I notice a difference in my morning energy.
Often times, we just add fruits to smoothies, and while it’s tasty, I find it less fulfilling. Adding walnuts make all the difference.
Below is a smoothie recipe I’ve been using. Feel free to experiment + report back!
Cosmic Smoothie Recipe (aka nutrient dense + tasty)
- 10 oz water
- 2 scoops of high-quality smoothie base (I use this)
- 1 tsp of high-quality pysillium husk fiber (I use this)
- 1/4 c. walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/4 c. frozen berries (I like strawberries, or blueberries)
- Small handful of baby kale or spinach (optional; you can’t taste it)
- A dash or two of cinnamon, according to preference (I use a lot)
- 1/2 small banana (optional)
Place all in a blender. Top it off with a spoonful of chia seeds (optional) and voila!
To your most vibrant health,